Long Range RF Modules
The MultiConnect mDot is an inexpensive LoRaWAN Ready, Low-Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) RF module, capable of 2-way communication over distances in excess of 16km with excellent noise immunity and the ability to penetrate deep into buildings and through structures. The MultiConnect mDot is a secure ARM mbed programmable, low-power sub-GHz ISM band RF module for low bit rate M2M data connectivity to sensors, industrial equipment and remote appliances.
As the first ARM mbed Platform listed on https://developer.mbed.org that is industry certified and deployment ready, applications can be written and compiled quickly online using developer friendly libraries, downloaded and hosted within the mDot. Decision making and control is distributed to the edge, enabling data to be more actionable without the heavy lift required to optimize RF performance, implement complex M2M middleware and security protocols needed to deploy a low touch install. mDots bring intelligence, reduced complexity and a lower overall bill of material cost to the very edge of the network while supporting a variety of electronic interfaces to connect just about any “Thing” for years on battery power.
- Up to 16 km range
- Deep in-building penetration up to 2 km
- Developer friendly to integrate and quickly deploy assets
- Run for years on battery power
- ARM® mbed™ libraries for developers
- 2-way duplex communication, ideal for emergency or mission-critical applications
- Multiple I/O interfaces for most any "Thing"
- LoRaWAN data rates 293 bps - 20 Kbps + FSK up to 300 Kbps
mDot 868MHz Specifications
- Communication: LoRaWAN 1.0 compatible, 868MHz, ARM mbed libraries or AT commands for radio control
- Interfaces (pin functions are multiplexed): Up to 16 Digital I/O, Up to 11 Analog Inputs, SPI, I2C, UART (RX, TX, RTS, CTS), USB (OTG Full speed)
- Physical Dimensions: 25.5 X 37.3mm
- Radio Frequency: 860-1020 MHz
- Modulation: FSK, GFSK, MSK, GMSK, OOK, LoRa Digital Spread Spectrum
- CPU: STM32F411RET
- Max Clock: 100 MHz (configurable to power use)
- Flash Memory: 512 KB (400 KB customer usable)
- RAM: 128 KB
- Max Transmitter Power Output (TPO): 14dBm
- Max Receive Sensitivity: -137 dBm
- Link Budget: 151 dB Point-to-Multipoint, 147 dB Point-to-Point
- Max Effective Isotropic Radiated Power (EiRP): 10 dBm
- Operating Temperature: -30°C to +70°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- Relative Humidity: 20% to 90% noncondensing
To purchase the above products please visit our Online Shop.